Performer and Laughing Class facilitator known for her proven improvisation based training used for business, personal development and wellness.
Christine has harnessed the power of laughter through 20 professional years of improvisational stage comedy, corporate team building and comedy wellness programs. She lives by the motto: "If it feels good to laugh, then laugh to feel good." And since 2020, she's added - "If it feels good to cry, then cry to feel good too."
In 2001, Christine became a founding member of Florida Studio Theatre's Improv program and troupe, FST Improv. That was the day her life changed forever. The day she realized she could stay a kid forever. For the next 20 years, she studied improv from greats like Will Luera, Joe Bill, Available Cupholders, Stacked, SAK, Jimmy Carrane, Big Bang and more at FST; Rick Andrews, Louis Kornfeld and Armando Diaz at the Magnet Theater, and Upright Citizens Brigade in New York.
Christine has taught worldwide to students 6 to 86 and performed in numerous venues in Florida and New York, was a frequent co-host for The Suncoast View on ABC7 and has appeared in numerous publications.
She now delivers her proven improv-based training to corporations and individuals around the world. For businesses, these workshops provide a morale boost to the staff while reinforcing the positive benefits of communication and teamwork. For individuals, they provide a confidence boost and professional development techniques such as active listening and better communication, Christine offers one-on-one online classes. Her favorite days are when she provides a safe space to care receivers and caregivers of cancer and Parkinson's, where a good laugh made one participant say, "for that hour, I didn't think about cancer at all."
Christine and her husband Christopher met and lived in Sarasota, Florida for 20 years until 2021 when they moved to Albany, NY. In her free time, Christine enjoys being Aunt Chris, watching TikTok, late night snacking and laughing loudly in awkward situations.
Christine Alexander on the cover of The Ticket with the FST Improv Troupe.
"Christine Alexander shared her unique flavor of improv comedy — fleshing out improbable audience suggestions with physical gags worthy of Lucille Ball and voices and characters worthy of Tracey Ullman. Think long-form improv — an hour-long sketch concocted on the spot. She made it look easy." - Your Observer, 2015
SaraSolo Festival 2016
Gulf Coast Business Review
- Self-care tips on Suncoast View ABC7 - Sept 9
- “Laugh to Feel Good” class for cancer survivors on Suncoast View ABC7 - Oct 12
- Shop local with Christine Alexander on Suncoast View ABC7 - Dec 15
Christine Alexander Talks Bringing Laughter to Patients & Workplaces on Suncoast View
Suncoast View Sits Down with the Smothers Brothers! Pt 1 on ABC7
Suncoast View Sits Down with the Smothers Brothers! Pt 2 on ABC7
- Improv, the Next Generation - YourObserver.com
- Longboat Harbour hosts comedy night - YourObserver.com
- Florida Studio Theater Improv Festival 2016 - TotalTheater.com
- Review: A funny and inventive Sarasota Improv Festival - Herald-Tribune
- Embracing the unknown with FST Improv's Comedy Lottery - YourObserver.com
- SaraSolo Festival returns for second year of one-person shows - Herald-Tribune
- THEATER REVIEW: An eclectic and fun opening to SaraSolo 2016 festival - Herald-Tribune
- SaraSolo Festival presents two more days of one-person shows - Herald-Tribune
- Theater Review: An eclectic, engaging mix for debut SaraSolo Festival - Herald-Tribune
- Theater Review: SaraSolo Festival - YourObserver.com
- FST Improv returns with a comedic twist - YourObserver.com
- Christine and Joey visit Legoland Hotel - Suncoast View
- Six shows on Summer Cabaret Festival lineup this week - Herald-Tribune
- Employees find creative ways to use time when placed on hold
- THEATER REVIEW: FST Improv trying to solve challenges of murder mystery comedy - Herald-Tribune
- THEATER REVIEW: FST Improv is familiar and funny - Herald-Tribune
- Weekend's Best Bet: FST Improv - YourObserver.com
- THEATER REVIEW: FST Improv - YourObserver.com
- Comedy Review: Lots of spontaneous laughs at 2013 Sarasota Improv Festival - Herald-Tribune
- Theater Review: FST Improv - YourObserver.com
- Sense and the City: Sarasota's Sexy Six - Herald-Tribune
- Will the real Christine please stand up? - YourObserver.com
- Zombies invade Players Theatre - Herald-Tribune
- So random: Almost anything goes at the Sarasota Improv Festival - Herald-Tribune
- FST Improv Announces Winter Blunderland 11/29 - BroadwayWorld
- Sense and the City: Looking forward to seasons - Herald-Tribune
- ‘Just Desserts’ served up next weekend - Longboat Key News
- FST Improv returns - Herald-Tribune
- FST Improv Presents JUST DESSERTS! 10/1 - BroadwayWorld
- Sarasota Improv Fest Review: Opening night - Herald-Tribune
- Sarasota Improv Festival Review: Night Two - Herald-Tribune
- REVIEW: Sarasota Improv Festival Wrap-up - Herald-Tribune
- Improv actors prep for playtime - YourObserver.com
- Posh paperboy - YourObserver.com
- Cee-Lo's "F*ck You" gets the ASL treatment, happiness ensues - AV Club
- Local actress uses her head for some creative advertising - YourObserver.com
- Laughs in the making at July improv festival - Herald-Tribune
- Zen and the art of improv - Sarasota Critic
- Street Talk - Sarasota Magazine
- Christine Alexander the conqueror - The Observer